Sunday, April 5, 2009

Question of the day 8:


What was your favorite talk from this General Conference?

I particularly enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk about taking upon ourselves in Christ being a process, not just something we're doing just when we get baptised, but that it continues in the house of the Lord, in the Temple. I love the Temple! I love learning new things about the Temple!

When Elder Tiexiera talked about using a spiritual GPS (the Holy Ghost) to help answer questions of where we are and where to go and how to get there, I thought that was a pretty great analogy!

The story Elder Anderson told about the boy named Matt, (who was the only one active in his Teacher's Quorum and was called to be the Teacher's quorum president; First thing he asked for a list of quorum members and called one boy and in the only Spanish he knew said "usted iglesia hoy" (You church today!])... That story really gave me a kick in the rear! I should have done that months ago with some of my primary kids!

And Last but not Least: President Monson! I love President Monson! I love that he has a sense of humor! That story he told about traveling to Mexico to rededicate temple there, and at the cultural event with 8000 young people participating, he started singing El Rancho Grande, which he learned in the ninth grade... Had me Smiling Big and Laughing hard! I wish I coulda been there!

No comments: