Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Okay, so this is a month+ late, but what's that saying? better late than never?!
So we spent Thanksgiving this year at Seth's Aunt Geneil's home, and it was a blast! TONS of food! All kinds of fun new things, not to mention all the traditional Thanksgiving yummys! Seth's cousin, Steffani, make this pecan brownie pie thing that was absolutely HEAVENLY! I still need to get that recipe... I made my usual pumpkin roll (Thank-you Mother for that fabulous recipe! It's always a hit...). All the kids had so much fun playing with the bucket loads of toys at the Vines home and all the guys (and Zeegan) enjoyed watching the football game on the big screen... And me? Well I got out our games and had a GREAT time playing the train game, Settlers, and a couple others... So much Fun!
After the dinner and games with the family, we went home and gave Zeegan her first taste of rice cereal! She thought she'd died and gone to heaven! She was smiling and giggling and just couldn't get enough of it...
The next day we got our Christmas tree and Seth and Rocco decorated it. Rocco is such a great little decorator! Zeegan had so much fun watching Rocco, you would've thought she was the one doing all the decorating, with all the smiles she was sharing...
I am so thankful for this time of year when we are reminded of all we have to be grateful for! I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and children! I'm so glad Seth was able to have the holiday off and able to spend time with us, making fun memories! I'm thankful to be so loved in my family, and in Seth's family (who all make me feel as if I've always been a part of the family). I'm thankful we've made it about halfway through our third year of medical school, without too many casualties. I'm thankful for so much I could just keep going on listing things i'm grateful for, forever and ever! But what I am most thankful for is the gospel and the blessing it brings in my life! I'm so grateful for a temple sealing that will keep me and those I love most in this world, together forever!
Happy Belated Thanksgiving Everyone!!!







No comments: