Monday, January 2, 2012

Texas Again

Well Seth got invited back to Texas for a couple interviews. He was going to be there for a week and we went with! It was sooo fun being back again and really confirmed in my mind that it is a place I would love to live!

When we first flew in, I stayed with the kids and the luggage, while Seth went and got our rental car. It was taking forever and the kids were acting crazy, so I was secretly hoping it was taking so long because they were upgrading our car. We had rented the cheapest car economy car posssible, and guess what?! They did upgrade us, but not to the mustang convertible I had been hoping for. They upgraded us to a minivan. LOL. anyone who knows me well, knows my feelings on minivans, so I went say more than it made us all laugh. The kids LOVED it though!



Straight from the airport, we hit up Mighty Fine Burgers! Man I missed that place! And believe you me, it was MIGHTY fine! ZeeZee and I thoroughly enjoyed our milkshakes!!!

Our hotel in the Houston area was right by this Ginormous pretty fancy cool mall that we went and saw Santa at. We also one my favorite cars ever!!! Oh heavens to betsy I love that car! Too bad it costs the same as a house or two for a large family in need, so I could never justify buying it...

One of the days, while Seth was interviewing, I went and met up with an old friend from my elementary and middle school years! We had brunch and then played at a fun park for a little while. It was SOOOO fun seeing Bug (Victoria) again, and catching up and letting our kids play. She has a little girl Rocco's age who totally had sass! That girl put Rocco in his place right away when they started arguing over crayons... It was hilarious!


Our first night in Temple we stayed at the Hilton that the interviewing school provided rooms for us in. The kids of course LOVED the hotel and the pool and the pillows. LOL. We happened to be staying there the same night as the Texas Longhorns team and got to meet some famous people while swimming and in the elevators. Rocco even scolded one of the linebackers for pressing the elevator button before he could... Funny kid!


Then we went to the Potts' house! It felt like we were home again. Rocco got so excited when he realized what street we were driving down and that we were almost to his "Texas house". He hugged miss Debbie like he hadn't seen her in years. We were all happy to be back :)
We fed the animals. We made home made hot cocoa with Miss Debbie. We went and saw the light parade that was INCREDIBLE!!! We watched movies Miss Debbie and saved on her TV for the kiddos. Miss Debbie got the kids sleeping bags and they both were in heaven.
When it came time to go, none of us wanted to leave...







We hit up Mighty fine one last time before flying out...


Yummy!

We'll be back Texas!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Don't move to Texas, I want you to live by me for at least a little while! But if you do move to Texas, I can tell you all will love it. Good luck on your interviews Seth!