Sunday, March 17, 2013

San Antonio

If you haven't been to San Antonio; you don't know it yet, but you're really missing out!
We went to San Antonio for just one night and a day, and it really wasn't enough time, but Rocco couldn't miss any more school or we'd get in trouble (apparently just because Seth is on vacation doesn't mean Rocco can be, lol).

It was such a delightful city! We stayed in this old fashioned (but beautiful) hotel right near the riverwalk and The Alamo...

These pictures do it no justice: The riverwalk is the cutest, romantic, and neat little area ever. I loved it! I wanna go back with Seth one year for our anniversary or something. It was delightful!!! 


I'm not a huge history buff and I'll be the first to admit I just don't appreciate history or the people in it the way I should. So the whole idea of the Alamo wasn't that exciting to me. 
UNTIL I realized that's where the Davy Crockett stories come from. I love Davy Crockett!! Why? not sure. maybe because I learned a song about him when I was like 5 and I still remember it. Maybe because I remember watching a movie where John Wayne was acting as Davy Crockett and I loved John Wayne. Maybe cuz he killed his first bear when he was only 3!!! 
Whatever the reason though- Seeing the Alamo was exciting when thinking 
"Davy Crockett might've sat here" 
and
"Oh Great! my kids are sitting on that canon Davy Crockett might've shot!!!"
and
"WoW! Davy Crocket probably climbed this tree back in the day!"
 lol. yes, I am a total weirdo. And the Alamo is actually pretty awesome blossom :).





(looks like Rocco appreciates history much more than his mother) 

See that big hotel in the background? That's where we stayed. It was within walking distance from all we wanted to see :). and it had a pool, which was really all my kids were interested in.

We found a fountain and Rocco and Zeegan threw at least a couple dollars worth of pennies and nickels into the fountain making wishes. Rocco wouldn't tell us his wishes. ZZ wished for all things you can imagine princess...
 

My kids thought I was super funny when I sat on the electric chair. Then they had to try it out. Zeegan doesn't really get what electricity does to a person. Pretty sure she thought it just makes you make funny faces :P





Really neat blown glass chandelier:

Seth's favorite T-shirt in all the tourist shops:

No comments: