Sunday, March 17, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


Seth's vacation included Valentine's day, which was great! My friend Jill was awesome and watched ZZ for us while Seth and I went out for lunch on the 13th as our Valentine Date.

Then on actual Valentine's Day, we went to Rocco's class and helped with the party. Rocco LOVED having his Daddy there! 


After school we went to downtown Belton and fed the ducks! Rocco has a Peanut Butter sandwich for lunch every day and he has to have the crusts cut off. So i've been sticking those crusts into a bag in the freezer. It'd been about 6 weeks of crust collecting when Vday rolled around, so we had ALOT of bread for those ducks! I think the kids had more fun than the ducks did :).




After feeding the ducks we went to the Soda fountain at the local pharmacy and got Ice Cream cones (Rocco and ZZ), Milkshake (Daddy), and a Rootbeer Float (Me). Anyone wearing red or pink got half off their order, so that made the trip that much more fun! lol. (Not that really needed the half off since the ice cream cones are only a buck anyway, but a penny saved is penny earned, right?!)








For dinner we got BBQ!!! We at the Purcell home really love us some BBQ, so it was only fitting that on the day of Love we eat what we love most. haha!
However I was feeling grumpy about the fact that it was likely the least romantic VDay dinner of all time, so even though we were eating out styrofoam containers, I got out the fancy cups. Then feeling like that wasn't enough, I lit a bunch of candles and turned out the lights! You would think that'd be awesome right? but nope! it wasn't. Why? Because as I turned out the lights both kids started crying that it was too dark and they couldn't see their food and yadda yadda yadda. lol. It's the thought that counts I guess... :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of ZZ eating her ice cream killed me! She's too cute! I can't believe those ice creams were only a dollar! they look huge! I love that ZZ's hair is always perfectly done :) you have the cutest kids on the planet! Ty and I want to come out and visit over the summer or somethin :)