Thursday, May 27, 2010

One Month of the (almost) Perfect Life!


Well Zeegan turned one month old on Sunday!

We sure do love our little princess! She still sleeps all day, but she's started waking up during the night for longer than just eating. She's so daRn cute! She'll make baby noises and be all smiley and then I feel too guilty to go back to sleep, whether she'll let me or not! So I stay up half the night walking around the house making noises back at her... I love it! (I "love" it most of the time anyway)

I've become a little obsessed with bows and headbands. She just looks so cute in them that I can't seem to leave her without one. Our wonderful friend Melinda recently doubled ZeeZee's headband collection, and now I change her headband 2 or 3 times a day! (too bad I don't change her clothes that often, huh?!)

Z's getting chubbier and chubbier everyday! She's still too small to fill out newborn clothing (she's more than long enough for them, but they look like they're drowning her because she's such a skinny little squirt!), but she's definitely getting chubbier, especially in the face... She got her first roll this week and it's adorable! It's just a small one on her right thigh, but I'm betting my little lady bug's gonna be a rolly-polly in no time!

Zeegan had a Doctor appointment a week and a half ago and she weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and was 21.75 inches long! That's 2.5 lbs and 2.5 inches in just 2 weeks! She's thriving!

Rocco still adores Zeegan.
He calls her his baby, and he has to give his permission if anyone wants to hold her, otherwise he throws a fit.
Every morning the first thing he does is crawls over to her bed and says "Hi Baby Girl! are you awake?!" then he gives her kisses!
and whenever Seth gets home from school Rocco yells his usual "Daddy! are you home?!", but now it's become "Daddy! Are you home?! You want to see my baby?" and then he drags Seth into the bedroom (where she's usually sleeping) to see his baby...
He's the best big brother ever!

I love my kids! And I'm so incredibly grateful for both of them!


No comments: