Friday, August 26, 2011

Rocco's Coolest SUPERHERO birthday party of all time!

Rocco’s Superhero Birthday Party

This year when I asked what kind of birthday party he wanted, Rocco's response was “Batman! No, no, wait… CAPTAIN AMERICA! No, no, no, wait… IRONMAN! No, no, wait… THOR! No, no, maybe just Captain America….”. Based on Rocco’s response I decided to throw a party with all the superheroes instead of just one Superhero.

I made some comic strips and turned some of Rocco’s pictures into cartoons, then created his Birthday invitation from those. Humbly speaking; I think it was the very BEST birthday invite I’ve made so far! HeeHee! I used the same comic strip patterns to create the sleeves for the party drinks…

I had fun creating the jars for the candy bar. Rocco said he wanted Sandwiches for his party. I’m pretty sure he was referring to PB&Js, but I made Pulled Pork topped with coleslaw, Beef topped with coleslaw, and Chicken coleslaw sandwiches instead. They turned out “Super” yummy! Even Rocco liked them (thank goodness)! We had Jello shots and a bunch of different salads to go with our lunch and then of course we had cake, Ice cream, and snow cones following lunch!

The cake was a HUGE hit! THANK YOU TRICIA BUNKER for the most AWESOME super hero cake of all time! Rocco absolutely LOVED his cake. He stood and stared at it for five minutes straight (no joke!), when he first saw it.

Rocco received a LOT of fun presents! He didn’t know what to do with himself he was so excited about all of them! He got a Spiderman outfit from Aunt Geneil and put it on immediately!

After opening his presents Rocco gave all his friends a present to thank them for coming. He passed out Superhero capes and masks (Thank you Grammy Purcell for the AMAZING capes)… They were a BIG hit!

Thank you everyone for coming and making Rocco’s 4th Birthday so SUPER!!!

On our way home after the party Rocco told me "Thanks mommy! that was the VERY VERY VERY VERY very very.... BEST BEST Superhero party ever!!!" So een though not everything I wanted to do happened, I think it was a success because my little Superman LOVED it! Yay!!!









































2 comments:

Lauren and Josh said...

Your cake is seriously amazing! It looks professional. But I'm not surprised, because of your skills! Well, looking at these pictures, I'm still sad we couldn't make it that day......but it looks like the coolest superhero birthday party ever!

Christa said...

Man why don't we live by eachother? I want to be at your kids birthday parties! It looks like it turned out amazing!!