Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Hooding Ceremony

Okay, so Graduation weekend went like this: 
Thursday Night- Graduate and Spouse Dinner with Awards and slideshow of the past 4 years.
Friday Night- Hooding Ceremony for Graduates and Immediate Family members.
Saturday Day (SDA Sabbath so no activities planned)- We had a great big Graduation Party for Seth!
Sunday Morning (Our Sabbath; just to clarify since the announcement said that Saturday was our Sabbath)- Graduation!
I already blogged about Graduation, which was out of chronological order, but I needed to get my thoughts out while they were still fresh on my mind :)
Now I'll go back in time and tell you about the Hooding and we'll go from there on another day or night!

Friday night was the night the Graduates received their hoods, and those who had children during Medical school were recognized and given a special remembrance token. Because Zeegan was born during our 2nd year of med school, she had to wait outside with Daddy while Rocco and I went and sat inside.

 When Zeegan and Seth came inside they walked down a great big long aisle. At the end of the aisle was a stage and above the stage was a great big screen that was showing the graduates as they walked in. ZeeZee was SOOO excited to see herself on that great big screen! 
(PS- You may notice in the first picture that Zeegan looks all cute in the easter dress I made her and with her sweater, boots, and bow. Let me just point out that by the time they entered the chapel; she was missing all three!)



Rocco and I got to join Seth and Zeegan as they went on stage. Then the school peoples said a prayer and literally talked for about 15-20 minutes while we stood on stage. Whoever thought of having the kids and their parents stand up there through all that obviously doesn't have kids! LOL. 
I do love this picture of Rocco kneeling on the Hooding stool as he waited and waited and waited for the Dean to finish speaking. 
("All this attention is exhausting!").  
Maybe one day he'll be kneeling on one of those again with us once more standing behind him!

 They gave each student, with a child born during Med school, a silver cup that had the student's name and their child's name engraved on it. That will be something neat to pass on to Zeegan when she grows up...





 Zeegan and Makenna were born exactly one month apart, so we were placed next to each other. ZZ was happy to have her best friend there to play with while we waited for all the cups to be handed out.

 Zeegan was playing with Makenna and kind of missed our only family picture of the night! Then both kids started acting out real bad and my little brother Joe who was kind enough to come along just in case something like this happened, took Rocco and ZeeZee outside to play until after the hooding...

I once again brought my big camera with the hard to use lens and most the pictures that were taken with it ended up blurry. I've really got to stop bringing that lens when others will be taking the pictures! Thank you so much Grandma for trying!!!!
 I know I look terrible and have a triple chin in this picture, it is the one the school took and it is unfortunately the only one we have to document this exciting moment...
Blurry one of the same moment: I think I look better in this one! lol...


After Hooding Seth, Grammy Kylene took Joe and the kids to the cafeteria and then up to her office until the ceremony was over... This is what we found when we got up there! It was obviously a good night for the whole family :)

Oh Man! These two kids are sure cute!!!

PS-  NO! I am not pregnant! It is the cut of the dress and the layer of fat I have resting on my abdomen! LOL. and Yes, I know I'm wearing the same dress I wore to graduation! I really loved it that much until I saw how pregnant I look in the pictures. Actually, I still LOVE it that much.

1 comment:

Seth & Juli + Rocco, Zeegan and Kezia said...

I think you look gorgeous in that dress :)

Love you!