Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's a Party! and they Cried cuz they Wanted to... (and because I was taking their pictures!)


Seth was graduating and you all know how much I love to throw a party! LOL, it was the perfect excuse for a big one!!! Although honestly I really wasn't much help in planning or putting this party on (Sorry Kylene!).  We kind of tried to do a mix of shabby-chic country with some Polynesian flare thrown in. LOL. Somewhat surprisingly it turned out looking quite lovely!



Seth and I didn't plan to have matching outfits, but on the day of when we both got there (Seth left a couple hours before me to go help cook while I  waited for our kiddos to wake up and then got them ready...) we found we matched, and our kids outfits looked pretty good with ours too! Picture moment!

Zeegan was wearing her brand new boots that she absolutely LOVES! and a shirt that I actually made for her! From scratch with no pattern! YAY!
Rocco and ZeeZee had a blast playing with their cousins while the adults all set up for the party. Zeegan doesn't look all that happy, but trust me; she was!


The party started, Fred played MC. He was pretty funny. I think it was a very special day for him...
 Seth got tons of leis! I got a couple too, but they were really itching my neck so I took them off (I found out later that that was really offensive to the people who had made the leis! I felt so bad!!!!)...

A bunch of Seth and My family came from all over. All the teenage cousins were turned into servers. We needed a bunch of servers because we had a BUNCH of food: We had BBQ Chicken, Fried Chicken (Seth's specialty), Ribs, and Tri-Tip for the meat. We also served Chop Suey, Taro, Corn-on-the-cob, Mac Salad, Potato Salad, Green Salad and Coleslaw. Plus a bunch of fresh fruit.

The professional Tahitian dance group that Seth's sisters are a part of is called Hitia'o'tera. The dancers came and put on a great show! It was really funny looking around during the Tahitian dancing at all our guests, because the ones who had never seen this type of dancing before had slack jaws and open mouths! I think they liked it! :)




 At the end of the show, the dancers go out into the Crowd and make people come up to dance with them! I think that just might be my favorite part...

My little brother Joe (on the far left) was HILARIOUS to watch! and so was Josh (on the far right)! They did pretty good though...
 Poor Josh had water all over his pants from a glass Makenna had spilled right before he got pulled up there.
He really got into the dancing! LOL. I took lots of pictures for Lauren to use as blackmail anytime she wants... :)



 The last crowd member pulled out to dance was Seth. This was fun for me because the last time I saw him dance was at our wedding...



After the dancing we served some AMAZING Texas sheet cake and custard for dessert! It was a big hit. We made enough of that stuff for 650 people, we had a turn-out of about 450 people and we didn't have an ounce of sheet cake leftover... :)

We had lots of friends, family (sad. my Family left before we got the camera out for pictures! They were all there! they made the drive from Utah with the 5 kids still living at hime...), and ward members there to celebrate with us! Thanks everyone for coming! We will miss you all over the next 5 years as we embark on our next adventure in Texas....





 While all the Great-Grandkids of Grandma Petersen's were in the same place at the same time, we snapped a couple pictures! This was the ONLY one that didn't have 2 or more kids crying in it...

Then Grammy Kylene wanted one of her grandkids and then with her grandkids. More crying involved...


 and then we got our picture moment with our Grumpy ZeeZee and Happy Rocco at the end of the party... 

It was a great day and a great way to celebrate Seth's great accomplishment!

2 comments:

Lauren and Josh said...

I love that last picture of you guys! So cute!! It makes me sad to see these pictures because it wasn't that long ago that we were with you!! We miss you!!! Hope all is well :).

Katie E said...

That is one serious party! so much fun! i especially love the blackmail pics. And how come you didn't get a video of Seth dancing?!