Monday, January 10, 2011

Zeegan @ approximately 8 months

I just can't believe how big and grown up my baby girlie girl is getting! It makes me sad that she is growing up so fast, yet every time she does something new I can't help but get so excited for her! She's the most delightful little baby I've ever been around in my entire life! She loves life and can't help but to be happy about it! She's such a smiley little thing. Just before Christmas, Zeegan reached her 8 month mark, and some things I'd like to remember about her at this time in her life would be:

-Zeegan is a Social Butterfly! She loves attention! When she isn't getting attention in a room full of people she'll yell and squeal at the top of her lungs til she's got the attention of as many people possible, then she'll put on a big old grin and clap her hands... so cute!
-ZeeZee loves clapping. She claps at herself and she claps at those around her. If she thinks something is super funny she claps and giggles at the same time--- It's one of the most adorale things I've ever seen in my entire life!
-Zeegan sits up on her own. She started a couple days after thanksgiving and now she thinks she is BIG BIG stuff!
-Zeegan sticks EVERYTHING in her mouth! I have to be careful about what she gets her hands on, because if she can move it, she will move it straight to her mouth!
-ZeeZee refuses to crawl. I'm pretty sure she knows how because if there is no way to get where she wants without crawling, she will get up on her hands and knees and rock herself back and forth until she propels herself toward whatever it is that she wants. But her main mode of moving about the room is by rolling. Zeegan rolls everywhere! And she's fast! super fast!
-Zeegan is an awful sleeper! She was doing so well before, but we had a mildew problem under the carpet in there room and had to move both kids into our bedroom until their floor was fixed. I think the change in routine and beds just ruined everything. She now wakes up every 2 hours on the dot! She's not even hungry most the time. She just wakes up to talk and then after 30 to 45 minutes she will go back to sleep... ugg. It's driving me crazy because I really don't function well when I'm not getting any sleep.
-Rocco is ZeeZee's favorite person in the whole wide world! She still absolutely and completely adores her brother! and suprisingly he is still doing really well with her. Every now and then he gets upset because she has a toy he wants or we're not listening to him cuz we're taking care of her. But for the most part, Rocco and Zeegan are the best of friends and he's as protective of her as Seth or I.
-Zeegan loves feeling like she's a part of things. If we're all sitting a the table eating inner, she wants to be right there too. And she'll talk (by talk I mean baby babble- no one understands her. altho if you ask Rocco what she is saying he'll say she is talking about cars or trucks or batman) throughout the ENTIRE meal. If were playing a game Zeegan wants to be right there and holding (sucking on ) cards or game pieces of her own. If we are laughing about something ZeeZee will start cracking up as if the funniest thing in the world just happened... She loves being in the thick of things!
-Throughout the first couple weeks of December ZeeZee was a total grump and had a cold and a fever and was just miserable... and then!, on December 14 her first tooth broke through! and on December 17th her second tooth broke through! Our baby girlie girl now has two teeth and is back to being her happy happy self again. She gives you a toothy little grin with her two little teethers showing if she's super happy with you or thinks you are funny. LOVE IT!!!
-Since Thanksgiving evening Zeegan has been on baby food. She LOVES squash. She enjoys Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, and occasionally Pears. She completely dislikes the rice cereal, apples, blueberries, and peaches. And Bananas? Well, they give her hives! I'm mean seriously? What polynesian is allergic to bananas?! Oh well. Neither Seth, nor I, like anything bananas (except banana bread), so I suppose she's fitting in well with our family by being allergic to them.
-ZeeZee loves sitting up in the high chair an in her stroller! She thinks she's such a big girl now!!!
-Zeegan loves reading books! oops, did I say "reading"? I meant "eating"!!! She also enjoys listening to them and hitting them while I read them to her...
-ZeeZee LOVES bath time! She splashes and splashes me and then laughs as I fake scream and shout! When she gets out of the bath she looks like a wild-banshee-woman(baby) with her crazy hair and huge smiles, but we absolutely love it!
-Not only does ZeeZee love to laugh, but she loves to make Rocco laugh. One day as I was feeding her squash she blew into the spoon and squash splattered all over me, the high chair, Zeegan and everything else around--- Well, Rocco apparently thought that was funny cuz he started busting up laughing, and now (if Rocco's in the room) she doesn't eat without trying to blow food all over me!
-ZeeZee talks in her sleep. It's too funny. It's like now that she's found her voice, she can't stop using it... I love it!
-Zeegan tries to sing along when I'm singing or in church with the congregation or when I have music playing. It's just too funny!
-Zeegan says "DaDa" about Seth. I'll admit it; i'm green with envy! She doesn't say it often, but every now and then she'll look at Seth or at a picture of Seth and say "DaDa" and start giggling.... She loves her Daddy!
-ZeeZee loves her toys! Rocco didn't really play wiht his toys very much. He was more interested in pots, pans, computers, the piano, etc... but ZeeZee? She LOVES toys!
-Zeegan is just like her mommy! in this one thing at least: ZeeZee LOVES chocolate! Now she should be too young for us to know that. But i'll be honest and admit that we gave her a little teensy tiny taste of some truffle this holiday season... you should have seen her face! She LOVED it! It was all Seth could do too hold her in his arms. She was seriously trying so hard to get to me and the chocolate after that first taste. We were laughing so hard and she was grinning so big! She's her mommy's daughter!

Well, I could keep going on and on all day about my ZeeZee girl, but I'll do that another time! We love her so much! We are so lucky to have such a sweet little spirit, such delightful little girl in our home and family!
Happy (belated) 8 Months ZeeZee Girl!!!













2 comments:

Christa said...

haha I love her after bath picture...her hair is insanE!

Aubry said...

She's so cute! I hate that they grow up so fast :(