Friday, July 1, 2011

Rocco's First Camping Trip

Rocco went on his first camp out recently! It was our ward's Fathers and Sons, and Seth actually had the Friday night/ Saturday day off, so he was able to take Rocco. And I'm so glad they went because Rocco had the time of his life!
They built campfires and made S'mores (which apparently Rocco LOVED)!
They went hiking, where I guess Rocco was a real trooper...
They played all kinds of fun games like Tug-a-War and Potato Sack Racing, and I guess Rocco got really into it and quite competitive... Don't know where that personality trait came from!
Overall, Rocco had the time of his life and even still, three weeks (or more) later, he's talking about it and wants to go again!









(See what I mean about competitive? Even after their side lost, he wouldn't give up! That's my boy!)



Well Rocco had so much fun hiking and camping, that when he came home he told me that all ZeeZee wanted to do was go Hiking. And since we trust him as her interpreter, we all went hiking! And what do ya know? Zeegan LOVED it as much as Rocco!
(Yes, we ARE in fact hiking in our Rainbows... True Californians, that's what we is! LOL)




Looks like hiking is gonna be a new family thing for us! (So long as it's all short small hikes; I hate thigh burning exercise!)

2 comments:

Harward Family said...

How fun for Rocco!!! Looks like he had a really fun time :)

Christa said...

how cute. I love the tug-of-war pictures. And I especially love that you guys went hiking in rainbows....you crazy nut.