Saturday, July 9, 2011

Seth's a 4th year!!!


Oh yes! You read the post title right! My Man's a fourth year Med student!!! Boo-Yeah! We can actually see a light at the end of this tunnel now!-- Or maybe I should say we can actually see a flashlight at the halfway point of this tunnel (Since we've still got all of Residency to go!)! Either way, we are excited! Even though Seth is still super busy with school and research stuff, and the likes; It should go fast from here--- Right now we are doing all the stuff for applying to the residency program he wants, and then in September and October we will be going on our away rotations, then November, December and January-ish he will be interviewing for Residencies, and then Mid-March we will Match! YAY!!!
Anyway, Seth's school threw a Dinner party thing as a way of saying "Congratulations for making it this far, you're almost done!"... It was at the super cool and somewhat fancy Mission Inn and we had to dress somewhat Formal. I was way excited! I love getting dressed up! I'm seriously considering throwing an annual Ball/ Gala/ or Masquerade when we grow up!
(Sorry- I tend to go off on Tangents when I'm excited about something...)
So, I figured out how I wanted my dress to look, found a pattern that was kind of similar to my design, bought the fabric I wanted, and took my drawings, the pattern and the fabric all over to Kylene (Seth's mom)--- Cuz she's super talented and can pretty much make anything I think up (She made my wedding dress ya know...)! Kylene made the dress and it turned out PERFECT! Seriously, I know the pictures don't show a lot of detail, but it is soooo gorgeous! Then Sage (Seth's 13 yr old sister) did my hair; I wish I'd taken pictures of the back, because it was seriously Bomb! It looked amazing! Then we left our sweet kiddos with Gramma and Grampa and we went out! We had a really fun time! At the dinner they did a raffle and for the first time in my life I actually won something! I won a yogurt certificate (which considering the other things they were giving away, it was kind of a sucky prize, But I was SUPER excited!- I never win anything!).




CONGRATS on making it this far Babe! Your the Best! I LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Letti said...

Congrats to the both of you. Julie you look beautiful and Kylene did an amazing job on the dress! Sage you are quite the hairstylist!

Aubry said...

That's exciting that he's entering his 4th year! And we are excited to see you around these parts in a few months. Woohoo!

Amy Miller said...

You look amazing!!! Wow! Oh, and congrats on making it to 4th year! Can't wait to get there. Congrats to Seth too I guess...:)

Katie said...

See, you did get a chance to dress up! And you look so fabulous! I wish I knew someone that could sew me up whatever dress I was dreaming of. How fantastic! And congrats to both of you on making it to the 4th year! I do have to admit that it's a pretty great thrill...since we are right there with you.

Lauren and Josh said...

We've made it this far and just one more year to go! So exciting, but sad when i think we will probably be at different residency programs. We've got to make the most of this last year when we all get back from away rotations!

Lauren and Josh said...

I forgot to mention how beautifully stunning you look in those pictures! And Seth doesn't look so bad himself....ha!

The Davidsons said...

Gorgeous dress! You are so beautiful!