Saturday, January 12, 2013

Funnest Advent Calendar ever!

While Grammy was visiting, she made the kids this wonderful advent calendar:

 It was a length of ribbon tacked up to the wall and then 24 paper lunch sacks with numbers 1-24 clipped up there onto the ribbon. The kids got to open one sack a day until Christmas. The sacks contained either a treat, a craft, or a new little toy for each of them. They LOVED it! Every morning the first thing either one would ask (even though they knew I wouldn't let them open them until night time--- so they could use their something something from the bag while I made dinner) is if they could open a new bag now! they took turns opening the bags each day and never fought over it once. It was a Christmas Miracle! On Christmas Eve, the sack ZZ opened had a note that Rocco read. It said to look under the tree for a gift from grammy that said "Day 24". Inside those presents were their Christmas pajamas! Such a fun tradition. I kept all the bags and ribbon and I think I will be doing this advent calendar every year from now on. Thanks Grammy!!!











































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved the pictures. Kinds feels like I was there!