Sunday, January 6, 2013

Merry Christmas! Love the Purcell's

Well life was a little crazy this year and I never did get our Christmas card made or sent, but if I had it would've had this picture and something saying "We hope you have a Merry Christmas! Love the Purcell Family"

I also would've included inside the envelope a little schpill about what's happening in our family and then a link referring you to our blog for more details. In the schpill I would've said and meant something like this:

We hope you all have had a wonderful year and are excited for more wonderful times in 2013! Our family has had a big moments year for sure!
Our Family's big moments: We finished Med School! this was a family effort and is therefore a family moment! So wonderful to be done and moving on to a new and exciting chapter in our lives! Speaking of moving on; we have moved our little family to Texas! To a wonderful little town called Belton. We also bought our first house! It is beautiful and we are so grateful to have it.
Seth's big moments: Seth graduated from Loma Linda University Medical School this year and is now officially a Doctor! YAY! He then started his residency as a general surgeon in Temple Texas at Scott and White Medical Center (Texas A&M). So far everything is going so good. Pray for the man though!, He rarely gets sleep...
Juli's big moments: We own a house! and I get to decorate! I honestly didn't think this day would come for another 7-10 years! I'm loving it... I am still a stay-at-home mommy, but I've added one more to who I'm staying at home with (NO! we did NOT have a baby y'all don't know about! lol), I watch a little girl a couple days a week and she has changed the way our house runs. It's been fun seeing how much ZZ has changed (in a good way!) now that she has someone younger than her to help me with. I also have started sewing a lot, and don't want to toot my own horn here, but I'm getting really good at it!
Rocco's big moments: Rocco turned 5 this year and had a really fun BATMAN birthday party! He then started school as a Kindergartener (can you believe my baby is so grown up?!). Rocco is doing VERY well in school. This little guy hungers for knowledge and sucks up everything he is learning. Rocco can read now. He gets better at it everyday! Rocco is finally branching out a bit with the foods he will try. He even tasted a couple different veggies this year! That might not seem like a big moment, but trust me; it was. Rocco still loves all things superheroes. But he has added a superhero to his idols this year, he has added someone to the list of people he wants to be like, and he added it at the top; Jesus Christ. It's been wonderful seeing our little guy start to gain his own testimony and love for our Savior this year. He is constantly asking us to tell him more about Jesus and what he did and he talks about Jesus like He's one of his best friends. I love being this little guy's mommy so much!
Zeegan's big moments: We finally found out what's wrong with Zeegan's tummy (stomach migraines) and got her on a medicine that has made her stop throwing up regularly! Hallelujah! ZeeZee turned two this year and the term "terrible two's" has definitely been used to describe her more than once in this household. But it's a great terrible! That probably doesn't make sense. Let me explain: She definitely has the temper tantrums that you hear about. But she also has this new curiosity she didn't have before. She loves life and she loves the world around her. She's into everything which gets a bit exhausting but is worth it. She wants to know it all and she wants to have all she knows. I love seeing her and helping her discover life! Zeegan got potty trained this year. All it took was the right panties and one morning home with Grammy as she sewed. She's such a smart little two year old! She learned her numbers up to ten and all her letters. Zeegan LOVES princesses. She can tell you anything you want to know about any of them. And she knows without a doubt that she is a princess. She tells perfect strangers that exact fact regularly. Zeegan learned to pray all by herself. She never forgets to say prayers over food and every now and then, when I get lucky, I find her in her room saying a prayer just talking to Heavenly Father like he's a friend and telling him all about her princess baby dolls and her favorite dress. I think he must adore her. I know I do...
We are so grateful for the many blessing our family has been blessed with this year! we are grateful for all of you, our friends and family! and we are especially grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ! For the sacrifices he made for us personally. We are grateful to have this time of year to celebrate him. We love Him, we love our Father in Heaven and we love each of you... Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Christa said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Loved the Family Update! I wish autumn loved praying. We have to bribe her. She doesn't get a bedtime story if she won't say her prayers...I guess I need to set a better example and pray more often myself.