Sunday, January 6, 2013

RS CommuniTea Party

So my calling in our ward at church is RS activity coordinator! This is the BEST calling in the church. I love it!
So I got the calling at the end of September. The first activity I did was a craft night in October. I centered it around princesses and attached a princess to each craft (ex: we did large wooden growth rulers, that was attached to Belle with the quote "Who could ever grow to love a beast"). You can see the whole post and all the plans and crafts on our RS blog here: http://temple2rs.blogspot.com/2012/10/oct-activity-some-royal-fun.html
 But I wanna tell you a little bit about the November activity. For November the church was focusing on community servoce. the stake did extra service projects, the wards did extra service projects, the YW/YM did service activities, etc... So it was fitting that the RS do a community service activity as well. But I wanted the CS to special, because with all the extra projects already happening I was worried about not getting a turnout for our activity. So what did we do?! We had a CommuniTea Party!  We invited the women of the community (RS members, the YW, Older women from a local retirement home, and asked all the sisters to invite friends as well) to a Garden/ Tea Party where we had a woman (Mrs Debbie Potts! Love Her!!!) who is a pillar in the community, speak. And we made Hygiene baskets for families from our community staying at the Ronald McDonald house.

The night turned out fabulous! 
We had a sister in the ward who volunteered to do all the decorating (Can you believe how beautiful it turned out?!)
All the amazing food and drinks (Fruit Salads, Green Salads, Veggie Trays, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, cheese tray, and mini dessert fruit tarts, & Raspberry Lemonades) were donated by different sister's in the ward. 
and All the items for over a hundred hygiene kits (Including Hair products, Dental Products, body washes and soaps, lotions, powders and even razors with creams!) were donated by ward members. And Mrs Debbie, who wrote and published a BEAUTIFUL children's story called "Ocean Surprises" (about becoming stronger through life's trials), donated a book for each kit and for each person attending.

Mrs Debbie put me to tears. She gave such a wonderful talk/ presentation about dealing with whatever comes our way. Come what may and love it. Mrs Debbie's family has been through some REALLY tough times and she is a wonderful role model. I'm so grateful to know her and have her in my life and I know many of the women there that night felt that her message was specifically for them and are grateful for her as well...
























These rings were attached to a wonderful quote my Marjorie Hinckley and given to all attendees as a Garden/ CommuniTea Party favor...

1 comment:

Christa said...

So cute! I love all of your ideas! You rock the socks off of that calling! P.s. I love my ring like that and get compliments on it all of the time. The colors on the one posted here are adorable.What do you charge for them? Oh and the Table Center pieces were adorable! Good work! My sister is the bomb!