Thursday, March 1, 2012

Utah 2012

Seth had a couple days in a row off, so we jumped in a rental van and headed to Utah! We decided to drive through the night since I had a great Audible book to listen to and would therefore have no problem staying awake while driving. The drive went great until we reached Vegas in the middle of the night and couldn't find any gas statins with restrooms open. I was literally about to wet my pants when heaven blessed us with a comfort inn that had a nice employee willing to let me use the lobby bathroom while him and his co-workers snickered at me loud enough to hear through the bathroom door. No matter! I was just happy to relieve my bladder and be on our way. My stomach however was not happy after that. I got extremely carsick and had to pull over to puke about 5 times between Vegas and mesquite. So Seth drove from then on, whilst I slept. So much for good audio books...
About the time we hit Nephi, ZeeZee's stomach decided to hold tight to their genes and follow suit with my early morning carsick puking habits. She was a mess. and managed to become an even bigger mess a couple more times between Nephi and American Fork. I wont get into the messy details.
Regardless, we made it to my parents house in great time! our drive from Redlands CA to American Fork UT took us approximately 8.5 hours. Bathroom breaks and puking breaks included. Awesome Sauce!
Our first day in Utah, we spent the morning with my parents and younger siblings. (Rocco LOVED having so many older kids playing with him and giving him so much attention.)
And then we drove up to Kaysville and visited with my Grandma and Grandpa Clawson! It was sooo fun seeing them again. Hteir yard had snow in it, which Rocco hasn't seen in a LONG time! so he went a little nutzo over it and we had a hard time getting him in the house. But once inside, Granpa Clawson got out some fun toys, got down on the floor with Rocco and played with him. I LOVE my Grandpa! ZeeZee slept through most of our visit, but we were able to wake her up for a quick picture. I wish my mom had been there so we could get a picture of 4 generations of Clawson girls in the same room, but what we got will have to do. It's so neat that my kids get to know their great grandparents!






Anyway, after visiting with Grandparents Clawson, we went out to Layton. Where I went to my hottie sister Christa's super posh salon that she works at and got my roots touched up. Seth took the kiddos bowling while they waited. Happy Happy Kids!


Then Christa, her Hubby Logan, and their ADORABLE little girl, Autumn, came with us to CHik-Fil-A for dinner! Zeegan and Autumn are exactly one month apart in age and were fast friends. Although I think Autumn might have been more interested in being Rocco's friend at first. They played and played in the playground...



On our drive home we stopped by and saw the new Oquirrh Mountain temple. It was Beautiful! And did you know you can see three tmeples from there? It was really a neat experience!



On day two in Utah we played with family. We went to lunch at "Harvest" over at Thanksgiving point and it was fabulous! And then that evening we took family pictures and had dinner together as a family. Can you believe the size of my family? We're actually missing one. James, my brother, is currently serving his mission in the Houston Texas Spanish speaking mission. We were gonna tape a picture of his face to a Justin Bieber cutout, but that didn't happen (Thank goodness! LOL)...





Aren't they all so prettyful?!!!

Anyway we left EARLY early Early the next morning in a BLIZZARD and came back to sunny-ish, California. It took us almost 12 hours to get home! It was awful weather. But the trip was worth braving the awful weather! First time I gotta see my family in almost two years...

No comments: