Thursday, March 1, 2012

Valentines Day 2012


Once, when I was about 8 years old (give or take a few years perhaps), I woke up to find that "Cupid" had left a Heart Sleeve under my pillow with a note and some yummy treats, on Valentines day (THANKS MOM!). I've never forgotten how unexpected those heart envelope things were and how excited we all were when we found them under our pillows. I wanted to do something special like that for my kids this year, but unfortunately I didn't get it done on Valentines' Eve.
So, on the morning of Valentines Day, we made Heart French Toast with Fresh Raspberry butter; the kids wouldn't touch it! I thoroughly enjoyed my french toast though. Anyway, In substitute of the heart toast, we made Love Pancakes. The kids REALLY loved them!


Then while Rocco was at school, and Daddy, ZZ and I were at Cafe Rio having a Valentines' day "Lunner" if you will, "Luna-Lovegood, the Luv-a-lot Fairy" left little Love notes saying there was a surprise hiding somewhere in the house for the little kids she loved the most! Rocco was SOOO excited when he got home and got to go in search of the Love Fairy's gift. He found it hiding in the bathtub...
Rocco got Spiderman Shampoo and was suddenly in desperate need for taking a bath. And ZeeZee got purple nail polish and needed her little toes painted immediately!


Then, we took our kids to the dollar theater to see Alvin and the Chipmunks shipwrecked (total BrainCell-killer! Both kids loved it though), and then to the red store (Target) as their Valentines' day present from Mom and Dad. They had a great day!


PS- Look how cute my kids are! Rocco came home from school as my very own great big Valentine! I sure love that kid...



No comments: