Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Leprechauns/ Lepers--- No Big Difference!

Funny Rocco Story:
So we've been trying to get Rocco off of bottles for awhile and it hasn't been working (mainly cuz were pushovers and when he cries and cries for a bottle we give in and give it to him). We've tried giving him sippy cups with warm milk and we've tried giving him bottles with just water, and every other trick in the book and nothing was working. He just would not go to sleep at night until he drank a warm bottle of milk (which meant we had to brush his teeth after he fell asleep a couple of times so that he didn't get horrible dental issues...).
So one night Seth tells Rocco that he can't drink bottles anymore because all of his teeth will fall out... The poor kid started screaming in his sleep that night "No, I don't want all my teeth to fall out!" (yes, I know, were horrible parents! I can't believe we gave our baby nightmares!!!). So I woke him up and told him not to worry, his teeth wouldn't fall out. which of course led to him wanting a bottle and me giving in when he started to cry...
So then when we went & stayed at the beach the other week for a night, we decided not to take any bottles with us and he went to sleep just fine. So when we came home, Seth told him that while we were gone the Leprechauns came and took all his bottles (Leprechauns are nice, right? we were hoping it wouldn't give him any more bad nightmares if we told him little green men with gold and rainbows took his bottles...). Well, he went to bed just fine that night thinking about Green rainbow men, but the next day he started crying and told me "Mommy I hate Lepers!, Make them bring back my bottles!"
So apparently us terrible parents have taught our son that Lepers steal bottles...
Good News tho: Rocco's been off Bottles for over a week now and never going back on them! Woot! Woot!


4 comments:

Anne said...

the pics are sooo cute! I love the story too, and he will also when he grows up! =)

Talisha! said...

He is so cute! You have such pretty kids.

Trace Baxter said...

That's so funny. From the point of view of a future dentist I think you're doing a great job raising Rocco!!

LiafromLaie said...

I can only imagine his reaction to reading the New Testament when he comes across Christ healing the Lepers.

Rocco is just too cute!!