Sunday, August 19, 2012

CindeRocco

Seth's Grandmother recently sent me a wonderful article about kids needing to be taught how to work and have responsibilities in the home so they don't become spoiled brats, and more importantly; so they can function for themselves and be assets to their communities and homes and family's when they grow up.
Most the time I just do the work myself, because if Rocco and Zeegan "help" it just ends up being more work for me.
But after reading the article and really thinking about it, I decided it was about time Rocco and Zeegan started working more. So Rocco now does the dishes. Our sink is split so we put all sharp and glass items on one side and all the other items on the remaining side. Rocco washes the non-breakable side's dishes. And he's really proud of himself for being so big! and I'm really proud of him for being such a great worker and helper!
The first week or so, I actually usually had to re-wash the dishes once he went to bed or during quiet time, but now he's getting so good that I hardly ever have to rewash anything and it's not so much extra work for me! It's kind of nice actually...
Zeegan's job, while Rocco does the dishes, is to pick up all her toys and put them in the toy drawer. That one's not working out so well as I wish it was. Maybe after more time or when she gets a little bit older or something...  :-D




2 comments:

Harward Family said...

Oh I miss him!!!!

Yerkes family said...

Haha, cute. My kids hate it when we start implementing the chores. What a trooper!